Sunday 15 May 2011

"Mind the Gap"

Fished Thursday midday through till late. With the wind blowing towards the car park end Neil and I decided to fish swims in front of the tree lines. Surprisingly the Main lake was busy and with no fish showing our confidence was low! Tigers and meat was my weapon of choice which were cast across towards the gap in the trees. Around three o'clock the meat rod shot off and I was able to turn it before he hit the snags after a good fight I had a nice common in he bag a 15.4 Lb (I was a tad luckily as the hook had pulled and somehow re-hooked in opposite side of the mouth) About five o'clock the tiger rod screamed off! With the fish full of energy it charged up the tree line and into the snacks, fortunately I was able to turn him back out the snags and after a good fight he weighed in at 12.8lb! Lovely Mirror but he had a bad parrot mouth and looked as if the fish had been tethered up at some point. I didn't have to wait long for the third fish again on the meat after charging to the back of the swim the fish turned and bolted towards me and after another arm aching fight it was another mirror weighing at 13.8lb! Neil and I decided to fish the small lake for the last four hours for the "Angry Tench" but without any luck...




1 comment:

Alex said...

That Common looks like a great fish!

Jealous
Bitter and Twisted

how did you get on with the Angry Tench?