Sunday 29 May 2011

Friday insomnia session

Well I finished my week at work with a night shift on thursday night and thought I'd have an early morning fishing/sleeping session down at Straits mill. Being the first person there at 6am I set up in the compass swim and quickly cast out in the silt and set up my bedchair for a couple of hours kip. I only managed an hour as the rod with tigernuts on roared off and I dozily rolled off the bedchair and played in the fish, a 14lb 12oz mirror.
By now I was awake so tried putting a bit more effort in. I had tons of rudd close in so when a pike attacked one of my rigs as I reeled in I quickly caught one and put out a pike rig, which was immediately taken! After a crazy fight I brought in the pike which was around 7lb in weight. I unhooked it in the water and after that all went quiet. I then noticed some carp moving over the gravel patch in front of the entrance to the cave swim. I put some tigernuts out and cast over. Soon enough I had a take but the hook pulled. That was all for the session as it was now lunchtime and time to go.

No comments: