Thursday 26 May 2011

Afternoon session at Straits mill

Because I worked the previous night I had thursday daytime off work. As wife and kids were out I went down Straits mill at lunchtime for a 6 hour session.
There was quite a stiff breeze breeze blowing up into the shallow end and I spotted a few carp drifting about so I set up oposite the big gap area where Graham had some action recently. I fished one rod in the gap and the other at the base of the big gravel hump.
I lost a fish in the gap on the chod and homemade pop-up, then shortly afterwards had a nice 10lb common from the base of the hump on the same set-up. Then the rain came and soaked everything, luckily I had my shelter with me. After the rain eased off I had a 13lb common from the gap on popped up tigernut. Then after I had packed most of my stuff up, the rod at the bottom of the hump went off and after a good scrap (I thought it was a biggun!) I landed a snub nosed common of 12lb.


No comments: