Monday 8 August 2011

Quick session!


After Grahams excellent session yesterday I sneaked out at 7.45pm after the kids had gone to bed. I was going to try the Alex swim as the wind was blowing into that bank but someone was fishing the birdcage swim next door so I did the lazy thing and plumped for the compass swim! Fished tigers under the cave entrance bush and choddy special right on a clear patch on the left of the swim a rod length out. Had a 15lb 2oz common almost straight away from the bush that took about 45 seconds to land!
Then a few minutes later the close in rod went screaming off and after a furious scrap I landed 13lb 6oz of common in about 20lb of weed!
Finally at 9.30 as I was getting packed away I had a whizzer from the bush again and thought I'd hooked one of the bigguns which turned out to be a hard as nails 10lb 8oz common!



No comments: