Sunday 7 August 2011

The curse is lifted!?

Fished Straits Mill late afternoon into late evening, the lake was busy and I found some carp in the cave swim. After losing a carp I decided to move into the compass swim(6pm) and after scattering some tigers into a clear spot two foot from the bank the carp begun feeding confidently. Within a few minutes a mid double common bolted off, the fight was made tricky by the weed but I was rewarded with a 16.14 oz common!

The other rod was placed under the magic tree with meat and half an hour later the rod screamed off! The fish took about forty yards of line which was followed by massive bow waves, I was defiantly into a special fish.. And after an epic fight I had a definite twenty in the net, which went to 21.15lb on the scales.

Neil turned up at eight and after collecting my wallet from Michelle I came back to the sight of Neil playing a common from my rod which weighed in at 14.2lb. Then after nine I had a 13lb, again from the magic tree. All four commons were dark and in fantastic condition and some looked uncaught this season.











No comments: