Sunday 14 August 2011

Margin screamer!


Went down to Strait Mill on friday for a couple of hours. Fished the mega deep 'Alex' swim close in, one right under the rod tip near the left hand bush and the other a couple of rod lengths out in the silt. Used tigers on both rods and fed with a mixture of tigers and 'feedcake'.
The silt rod started getting masses of bubbles coming up and a couple of knocks at about 8.30pm so I sat down next to it. All of a sudden the other rod had a ridiculously fast take, the rod was bouncing and shaking all over the place, with the baitrunner buzzing like a wasp! I struck into the fish and it swum straight back towards me, then just circled the rod tip for a few minutes until I netted it. Another old looking common at 12lb exactly.
About an hour later the same rod went off but a more sensible speed this time! This fish went on a long powerful run towards the middle of the lake and I wondered if I had got a bigger fish on. As I brought towards me it seemed to behave smaller in size until it was nodding around under the rod tip again, another common, 12lb 10oz!

No comments: