Tuesday 21 June 2011

More fun at Laundry lake

On sunday I arranged to revisit Laundry lake with Graham. We got there about 6pm after a day of heavy showers. The lake was fairly busy and we had a quick walk round. The weather had brightened up and there were a lot of fish on the surface near the car park end. We set up on the left hand bank, I fished tigernuts close in and a bait suspended 3' below a large bubble float (like a drifting zig rig). Graham had one rod with tigers and the other with corn. It didn't take long for him to get a run and after a good fight with the fish making several long runs he landed a mirror of 19lb 14oz! It had a black spot on it's side just like one of the twenties in the lake known as 'blackspot' which had us going for a moment!
I then concentrated on my suspended bait rig, spraying small amounts of pellets over it. This worked and I soon hooked a good fish that took a lot of line before kiting into the lefthand bank and breaking the light hooklength. I soon hooked another and landed it, a mirror of 13lb 14oz. Then I had a common of 12lb 14oz on the same method.
The only thing I caught on my other rod was a huge crayfish!
Finally as we were getting packed up Graham had a common 10lb 9oz.




No comments: