Saturday 18 June 2011

Dirty Laundry

Wednesday I had an evening free and for a change decided to try Laundry lake for a change. I'd only fished here once about 3 or 4 years ago and caught 3 in a morning. The lake is an easy 'doubles' water with a few twenties and when I fished it before it was rammed by about 7.30am!
I got down there at about 6.30pm and had a wander around, there were only 2 other guys fishing. I found some carp close in on the lefthand bank and fished there for a bit with no success. After a while I had another wander and found some feeding fish clouding the water up near the carpark swims so moved round just as the drizzle started. Not long after casting a tigernut into the clouded area I had a whizzer and after a short fight landed a nice common at 13lb 6oz.
As this area was completely snag free I then tried a favourite rig of mine; a small hook tied to a long, 5lb 14oz Reflo Powerline hooklength, a tactic made possible by using 1.75lb t/c rods.
Very soon after recasting it started to drizzle a bit harder and I had another screaming take and hooked a very hard fighting fish that took a good 25 minutes to land which also got me wet in the fine misty rain! It was a mirror of 15lb 2oz that had a huge tail!
By now I only had about 20 mins fishing time left so quickly recast, this was taken a few minutes later by a 12lb common that luckily came in quickly so I could still pack up for closing time!





No comments: