Thursday 23 June 2011

It's not over 'til the fat lady feeds!

I planned to go fishing straight after work on thursday and persuaded Graham to give Laundry lake another bash to try and get a twenty out.
Graham got there first and set up in the corner next to the lilies and I arrived and set up two swims down. There were carp everywhere, all on the surface. The fishing started slowly, I eventually hooked one off the top but the hook slipped after about 5 minutes. As the evening drew in some cloud cover came over and with about two hours to go I had a belting run on my margin rod and soon had a long 12lb 6oz common in the net. I then decided to fish both rods close in and also switched to more heavy duty rigs as both fish hooked so far were running towards the margins along the bank. After about an hour I had another run and hooked a much more powerful fish that went on several runs before I could net it. It was my biggest fish of the year so far, a mirror of exactly 17lb.
So far Graham still hadn't had any luck but just as we were packing up he had a run and struck into a fish that fought like mad for about 20 minutes. We could see it was a good fish as it came to the net and we both reckoned a possible twenty. As I gathered the net up the fish rolled on it's side and we could tell it was definately a twenty, it was huge!
She went 25lb 8oz on the scales, a new personal best for Graham. What a fish!




1 comment:

Alex said...

What a fish!!