Monday 25 April 2011

Evening at Rayne Lodge

Yesterday evening Graham, myself and my 3 year old, Emma, decided to make the most of the hot weather and went to Rayne Lodge bottom lake. It was packed when we got there but as usually happens in hot weather, people go just as it's cooling down and the fish start going on the feed!
I set up the little whip for Emma and we caught a few skimmers, then as it got towards dusk I copied Graham and started fishing for carp on the top.
I think I must have caught about 15 in the end, nothing bigger than 6lb. Graham had some better ones up to about 10lb and a nice ghostie too.
Noticed that the fish in here generally have really bad mouth damage, what the hell do people do to them? Graham and I didn't cause any damage at all during playing and unhooking. We were using size 10 hooks and soft action carp rods (1.75lb test curve) so maybe it is due to them being bullied in using small hooks on the pole during matches.

No comments: