Thursday 7 July 2011

Evening session at Laundry lake

On tuesday evening I went down to Laundry lake for a 3 hour session. The lake was fairly busy and I walked to the opposite end of the lake to get a spot. There seemed to be a few fish milling about close in including two commons that looked like mid twenties. The low cloud soon gave a good downpour and people started packing up. I fished both rods close in the deep margins. At around 8.30 I had a belting run and hooked a good fish that ran right out into the middle of the lake! After a great scrap I netted an 18lb 8oz mirror, getting soaked in the process. As it got dark the rain eased up and at 9.30 I had a slow run and struck into a fish that came in like a bream but was a 16lb 8oz common. 
Still no twenties for me but still some decent sized fish.

No comments: